August 4, 2008

The Mad Sign Painter on Carroll Blvd.

Nearer University Dr. than I-35.


I don’t know anything about him, and I don’t want to; I think it would spoil the romance. But, Bam! If that doesn’t say it all.

We all know Austin wants to keep it weird, but really, how much weirder can you get? One of the reasons I love Denton? The crazies. And y’all – this is crazy. And angry. And active. And you can’t argue with that; you just need to stand up and recognize.

Sometimes I’m not even sure what he means, but I love that he says it - out loud and proud. Keep your eyes peeled! This is by no means the first of his strange visual shout outs. I recall one comparing Islamofascism to AIDs, and a follow up chiding the local police for not protecting his signs! The last one? Advised Islamic terrorists that their “…72 virgins are young boys”.

I have NO idea, but an Internet search on that aforementioned phrase yields more factual (and none of the X-rated) results than you might think. Try it.

And, in the interests of full disclosure, while I don’t know them at all, the lady of the house (I assume) was incredibly nice when encountered on a full-neighborhood canvas for a missing cat. Thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren, thanks for keeping us posted. I love Denton from afar. Melissa H.

Katie said...

Awesome blog my sistor! I will add it to my list of daily readings!

Unknown said...

As a fellow Dentonite, I must say I get a kick out of reading the signs every time I go down Carroll. This is a great little blog; I loved your post on Ravelin (The Most Amazing Bakery Ever); I go there every Friday morning. :)

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Dentonista said...

Thanks for your comments Monica!