December 3, 2008

The Austin Street Area

This area always strikes me as our tiny, little French Quarter (VC to you LA-ers), and I mean the residential areas - not the puke-slimed streets the drunk fraternity boys roam. In fact, proximity to TWU and the multitudes of sleek felines sauntering these sidewalks (right on, my sisters!) makes me think you'd be hard-pressed to find a boy of any variety, much less a frat daddy. What's not to love?

So, what does it mean when I say New Orleans? Well, check out the wrought iron balcony detailing on the funky and old (but recently renovated) Austin Villas apartments, and imagine them with the original white balconies and yellow shutters...

Now, look up. See the heavy tree canopy?
And then - hear the quiet? Believe me when I tell you, residential NOLA is very quiet.

Are you noticing all the cool, old houses, in various states of renovation? I think they're architecturally interesting, as well as inspiring to anyone who owns (or wants to own) an older house.

Did I mention this neighborhood is a cat haven? Cat watchers and crazy cat ladies will enjoy strolling and trying to entice the kittens to come play with them.

Just check it out - this is a great area in which to go walking; you can even finish up by the Greenhouse and sip a restorative beer on the patio.

Delightful.

No comments: